Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 30th 2012

More work, although it was warmer today which was nice. Rode Geologo, Justinion, Twilight, Lion, Puccini, Skyline, and Pastracito. Most were just getting warmed up for Martin to ride them but I got to jump Twilight. It was a bit cross rail, six strides to a vertical which Martin put up to an oxer eventually. Cross rails are so hard to ride and Martin was really on me about that but we eventually got it. The second jump rode fine every time I got the distance right. The oxer finished being a good rail width over a meter and rode great. Katie, Rodrigo, and I have a lesson before lunch on Jour, Georgia, and Lion respectively, focusing on pace. In the afternoon we free jumped some of the mares, which was an adventure to say the least. Some were very cute though. We finished the day with foals on the walker and then a nice dinner of leftovers. Now I'm sitting in bed watching some of the Olympics and writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment