Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 25th 2012

Wow so I totally forgot to write this yesterday, probably because I was thinking about the 3am wake up call I was going to get. I rode Justinion, Jour, Mauro, Rwilight, Geologo, and Skyline. Justinion and Skyline were both working on little things and Martin worked me hard to get it right. With Jour, Martin set up an exercise for us over a single jump, figure-8ing it around the ring. He had me really get up and gallop at it which after the first few jumps, felt amazing. It was so much more like XC and I didn't realize how much I missed it until now. I am lucky to be confident seeing a distance from a gallop as long as I trust the horse to jump. My problem is that when I slow down I start to over think things and then I screw up and jump ahead or get too stiff and get a weird spot. We finished all of the horses before lunch and spent the afternoon doing stuff around the barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment